Monday, October 1, 2012

kawanku kahwin: nurul + zhafri

Now that Nani's wedding is over and done with, I'm looking forward to another kahwing-kahwing couple friend of mine punya wedding next weekend - our ever lovely Aisyah and our very segak Pak Sham! Haha! Sorry I couldn't sit down and chat at length with you guys at Nani's wedding, seriously no joke lah ok carrying out orang kuat duties at weddings. Sampai no time and no breath aku dibuatnya! Nasib baik penyakit semput bapak aku tak turun temurun kat aku ok, kalau tak last weekend first time ah korang akan nampak bridesmaid angkut oxygen tank kat badan hahahaha

I know I probably won't be able to talk much with you guys next weekend either since y'all will be too busy being married but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing both you in your pengantin gear, and I pray that everything will turn out fantastically for the both of you as well!

And guys (especially you, Aisyah)... STOP FREAKING OUT. With Saiful Imran SID Events behind the scenes as your wedding planners, I'm sure your event will be a glorious beautiful success! If not, let me know and I'll get the word out at lightning speed. Ha. ha. ha. ha. ha.

Speaking of Saiful Imran SID Events as wedding planners, I think it's about time I do a quick entry about a wedding I attended and have been wanting to blog about... which was successfully handled by them! I've seen the bride herself (Oh hey, how's married life treatin' ya, Nurul! Hehe.) rave about the services rendered by her wedding vendors and I must say, it translated well into her Singapore wedding reception that I attended earlier this year (The bride married a Malaysian, so they had wedding receptions in Malaysia and Singapore)

(Source: Nurul Huda's Facebook)

Venue: Toa Payoh East Community Centre
Andaman and Outfits: Versari Ade (MUA: Abang Hadi. All outfits are customized)
Dais and Decor: Saiful Imran SID Events
Caterer: Maria's Le Caterer
Photography: Mohd Razali (Malaysia-based) //  Frames Photography (Singapore-based)
Videography: Jangguttouch (Malaysia-based)
DJ and Entertainment: Entertainment Network (Hosted by: Deekay Dezmond)

 (If you prefer moving pictures, video of Nurul and Zhafri's wedding reception in Singapore here.)

The reception decor was clean and lawa and as a guest, I felt very comfortable because there was ample space and the right amount of air-conditioning at the venue. We (meaning my mat and I) thought the area with the hanging chandelier (I have got to find out what that thing is called, damnit) created a very nice cozy feel when we first stepped into the venue and we liked that the colour template went well with the colours of the venue. Very classy, very SID. They're definitely your people if you want beautifully executed white weddings or white-based weddings, guys!

I must also say that the food was fab! The last time I ate wedding food from Maria's Le Caterer was yearsss ago so it was good to be able to taste their food once again. The variety was fantastic, the nasi was just right and the rest of the lauk pauk tasted good... although I thought the ayam masak merah lacked flavour (bear in mind I'm very fussy about ayam masak merah - this is what happens when you love your own mum's ayam masak merah too much hur hur hur - so far I have not tasted any ayam masak merah that I find up to par to my selera from any wedding receptions I've attended). There were more hits than misses with the desserts so I don't think the taste will disappoint your guests, but if you're looking for a super duper prettified dessert table, you're better off engaging providers like Dessert Artisans or Ola Lola, because Maria's Le Caterer's dessert table setup is pretty standard (very teratur but not prettified, prettified, you know?).

(It's a damn shame that one of their staff was rude to me via email and that experience completely turned me off from them, really. Friends have told me the owner herself seems nice enough though, so if you're interested to engage them, rest assured that the food is good... just hope you don't have to encounter the same staff member who attended to me!)

Will blog about Elvy's wedding next after the official pictures and videos are out on Facebook! In the meantime, some unofficial pictures bumped from Nour Weddings and my personal Instagram:




Off to wash my laundry now, maklumlah nak jadi isteri orang kena tau buat household chores jugak, bukan asyik nak blogging pasal weddings aje.

3 comments:

  1. i won't smack you!!! if you miss planning your wedding then it means the experience means a lot to you and it's only right you get to reminisce about it in the future.

    2 more days!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Farhana! Haha I was waiting for this entry. Married life is good! And yes, I do miss planning my wedding. In fact, I'm a little embarrassed to admited that all the wedding vendors which I had subscribed to on Facebook are still there and I still do click on their pictures, videos and links to see the latest designs even though my wedding is over!

    Thanks for the review! SID is AWESOME! Aisyah has indeed chosen the best there is. No words can describe how grateful my family was for Saiful and Mas. They are knowledgeable about the whole wedding process due to their loads of experience and can foresee the possible problems and hiccups that may happen at the wedding. And trust me, these hiccups do happen, but it is AMAZING how Saiful and Mas are so quick to fix these hiccups!

    When Abg Hadi and my makandam arrived at my house to do my makeup, they realised that they had forgotten the hand-held kipas (to cover my face during the groom's arrival) and Zhafri's capal. So when we all left the house for the venue, Abg Hadi stopped at his shop along the way to grab the stuff. However, before he could arrive, Zhafri had to begin his procession already as we were a little late. So I was surprised when I saw Zhafri wearing capal since Hadi hadn't arrived yet. I was told later that Saiful (who was wearing capal) had actually switched footwear with Zhafri before the procession started! So Saiful actually went around in Zhafri's CROCS for a bit, before Abg Hadi arrived and gave Zhafri the proper footwear.

    Then, after Saiful switched footwear with Zhafri and went back to the hall where I was waiting with my mak andam, he noticed that the mak andam wasn't covering my face with a fan. Without even asking him, he ran onstage, went behind the dias, and brought out a hand-held fan!! It was in fact one of the dancers' fans, but it was amazing that he noticed these tiny details despite the hectic-ness of everything and had known how to troubleshoot immediately!

    Later, during the makan beradab, Zhafri asked Saiful if someone could deliver some food to him at the changing room when we go to change for the second part. Saiful himself personally brought the food over - something we didn't expect as we thought he would have asked one of the waiters to do it. This hands-on service and willingness to do things themselves proves that despite their success, they still remain humble and down-to-earth and don't mind stepping in instead of simply ordering others around.

    Speaking of the food, we had SUPERB feedback from our guests and having tasted the food myself, I can also safely say that it is DELICIOUS! I regret not having the opportunity to eat more! In fact, we had overwhelmingly positive feedback about the decor as well, and some of the Chinese guests said that it's even better than a hotel's decor.

    Btw, Elvy looked gorgeous at her wedding and her headpiece for the white outfit reminds me of Kim K's wedding headpiece!

    -Nurul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! And I should point out that not all my outfits were customised. One outfit - the maroon songket one with the sanggul lintang - was rented.

    ReplyDelete